Preparing for your 4th of July cookout and want some patriotic snacks to serve? Try these red, white and blue snack ideas that kids and adults will both love for your Independence Day celebration.
A popcorn bar is a perfect way to offer a variety of snacks that your guests can select from and combine. Plus, it’s fun!
We prefer the white cheddar popcorn instead of plain. You can setup more than one bowl or bucket of popcorn and offer several options such as plain, butter, caramel, kettle and cheddar. We browsed our local grocery store for candy that was red, white and blue. My kids each found their favorites to add to the mix.
Patriotic Popcorn Toppings
- mini marshmallows
- Red Hots
- blue Sour Patch Kids
- red Twizzler bites
- blue M&Ms
- strawberry syrup
Which topping would you add?
A cookout is not complete without some fruit.
Patriotic Fruit Kabobs
To hold our fruit kabobs we used a mason style jar filled with marshmallows to hold the wooden sticks up. The marshmallows provided an inexpensive and edible decor.
We added strawberries, blueberries, large marshmallows and blackberries to the kabobs. Healthy and sweet snack.
Which patriotic treat are you serving this 4th of July?
For more July 4th & Patriotic ideas, check out a few posts from my favorite bloggers:
- Patriotic Mini Berry Tarts by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Patriotic DIY Candy Dish by A Mom’s Take
- How to Host a 4th of July Parade by Mom on the Side
- Patriotic Pudding Cups by Better in Bulk
- Perfect Southern Sweet Tea by Greta’s Day
- Patriotic String Art Craft by This Mama Loves
- DIY Beaded Flag Charm Craft for Kids by Cait’s Beauty Blog
- Patriotic Red, White and Blue Mason Jar Planters by Home and Garden Cafe
- Cherry Vanilla Cupcakes by Our Family World
- Crockpot Bean Mix by Day by Day in Our World
- Patriotic Wine Glass Charms by Style on Main
- Greek Pasta Salad, a simple summer side by About a Mom
- Beet and Blueberry Salad by Upstate Ramblings
- Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches by Mom Does it All