This story is brought to you by SheSpeaks and MARS
I love to travel. Beyond packing my clothes and daily necessities for a trip, I always sneak some of my favorite travel snacks into my bag. You never know when on a trip when you will get a craving for something sweet or be stuck without easy access to food. Even when planning a family vacation, I make sure I grab some items for myself to unwind. Read below for my must-have items for a relaxing trip.
Do you get hangry?! Hungry + Angry… You know, when you are so hungry that your mood is affected. Even the best of vacations can have their stressful moments. I love traveling with my kids. It’s exciting and I always try to accomplish and see as much as possible during our adventures. I want them to experience the world with me and make priceless memories. It can be exhausting. It’s important to keep quick pick-me-up snack items on hand and make time to relax.
That’s my “I need a Snickers and to relax” face.
I love the new Snickers Crisper that can be purchased at Walmart. I packed a few of these on our most recent cruise. Even though the food was all inclusive, I liked to have my own individually wrapped snacks in my bag at all times. The Snickers Crisper is a delicious combination of crisped rice and peanuts topped with a layer of caramel and coated in creamy Snickers Brand milk chocolate.
What I appreciate the most about the new Snickers Crisper is that they are small squares. A full size Snickers Crisper comes with two pieces inside the package – each with 100 calories. You can munch on just one square at a time and twist the package to save the other.
Travel Snacks & Must-Haves
To make my vacation relaxing no matter where I am, I always carry a few essentials with me. Sometimes you need a little quiet time to yourself after a busy day with the kids.
- Sunglasses – must have for blocking out the bright sun while relaxing outdoors.
- Novel – a good story to get lost in. Block out the noise of the vacation by entering the world of fictional characters.
- Snacks – I love my quick sweet treat, Snicker Crisper.
- Notepad & Pen – some of my best work ideas or stories to share come to me when I’m relaxed. I love being able to jot them down for future focus.
- Coloring Book & Gel Pens or Pencils – another great way to unwind is by coloring. Have you ever used colored gel pens on paper? It’s tranquil.
Where do you carry your Snickers? I ate mine out at sea in the Caribbean this week.