Some items featured in this post were provided for review.
Stocking stuffer ideas are usually the most difficult for me to come up with. For Christmas each year the kids make their wish lists and I often have a pretty good idea of what they want or need before the holidays even approach. Finding items to wrap as presents to open on Christmas morning is easy. It’s the small items that go into the stocking from Santa that are a challenge.
After some brainstorming here are some items that will be in stockings in our home this year:
- Electric Toothbrush – my teen recently had braces put on so an electric toothbrush was on her wish list. It is also an item that is truly a need but small enough that it fits perfectly inside her stocking…. and takes up plenty of room!
- Tooth Tunes – my tween daughter is always talking about the commercials she sees for the Tooth Tunes toothbrushes. I figured if the teen is getting a new electric toothbrush, why not get the younger ones one too! Plus they are less than $10.
- Axe Body Spray – my 8-year-old is at that age where he thinks it is cool to wear cologne yet is not quite old enough to wear the expensive stuff. Axe body spray is perfect for his stocking.
- Shaving Razor Refills & Shaving Cream – my teen can always use new razor refills plus it is small in size yet costly – might as well make it a gift! I purchased some travel size shaving cream since she enjoys spending the night at her friend’s house.
- Tweezers – now that I have a teenager in the home my stuff goes missing. Christmas is the perfect time of the year to buy her her own stuff! I just love these colorful high precision tweezers from Uni K Wax Centers. Now that we each have our own colors there will be no chance of mixing them up.
- Fragrance – for the older crowd you can buy their favorite perfume or cologne. I love the Gucci Guilty for Andrew. It smells so good. Fragrance.net is offering 20% off orders on their website right now.
- iPod Case – Noah asked for an iPod Touch for Christmas. Of course he needs a case on it to help protect it from when he is sure to drop it. Although the iPod is being wrapped as a present, the case we scored on Amazon is going into his stocking.
- MonkeyLights for Bike – is your child getting a new bike for Christmas? Noah received his bike last year and these lights are so fun! He loves being able to change the colors and select various modes. Plus they even come in designs! The MonkeyLights are the perfect size for a stocking too.
The lights are bright enough to see from down the road. They are fun to play with but also a great safety measure when riding at dusk.
- Disney Infinity Characters – we love playing the Disney Infinity game as a family. However, the characters add up in cost. With new characters coming out often it only makes sense to gather a few of the favorite characters for Christmas. Merida (for my tween daughter) and Hulk (for my son) are going into stockings this year.
- Music – the kids all love listening to music. They each want CDs of their favorite artists and also love getting iTunes gift cards to purchase music, apps and games on their devices.
Does your family stuff stockings at Christmas? What is one item you put in your child’s Christmas stocking from Santa?
Full Disclosure: My family received a few of the items listed above for review purposes. All opinions are my own. Post contains affiliate links.