Looking for an easy dessert to serve at your upcoming holiday party? How about a fun treat your kids can help make for their teacher gifts? These Peppermint Meringue Cookies are sure to be a hit and extremely simple to make.
- 4 Egg Whites
- ½ teas. Vanilla
- ¼ teas. Salt
- ¼ teas. Cream of Tartar
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Peppermint Hershey’s Kisses
- 2 Mini Candy Canes, finely crushed
1. Preheat oven to 250˚.
2. In a mixing bowl whisk Egg Whites until foamy and forming soft peaks, 3-5 minutes at medium speed if using a mixer.
3. Add the Vanilla, Salt and Cream of Tartar and whisk until stiff peaks form, 3-5 minutes at high speed if using a mixer.
4. Slowly whisk in the Sugar, if using a mixer at medium high speed should take about 1-1 ½ minutes.
5. Put the meringue into a pastry bag with a star tip.
6. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Unwrap and place Hershey’s Peppermint kisses on the parchment about 2 inches apart.
7. Pipe meringue around the bottom of the kisses and then swirl to the top all in one motion.
8. Sprinkle a small amount of crushed Candy Cane over the cookies.
9. Place into the oven at 250˚ and immediately reduce the heat to 175˚. Bake for 3 hours then turn off the heat and let cool in the oven another 45-60 minutes. This prevents them from cracking. Remove and let cool.
They will be light, crisp and airy. Serve or store in an airtight container.
What is your favorite holiday dessert?