With Disney’s new Cinderella movie being released on digital HD, DVD and Blu-ray on September 15th we decided to celebrate by creating a Cinderella inspired pumpkin. Plus, I’m giving away a digital HD copy of the new movie to one lucky reader! Details below…
Have you seen the new version of Disney’s Cinderella? I love the shade of blue mixed with gold. It was a given that when we decided to paint our pumpkin that we used bright blue glitter with gold accents.
To make our pumpkin complete we had to include a Fairy Godmother wand to the top. You cannot have Cinderella without her Fairy Godmother, after all.
Follow the instructions below to turn your movie night into a craft night. Hosting a Cinderella movie viewing party? This pumpkin will make a beautiful centerpiece.
- Plastic White Pumpkin – purchased at Michael’s
- Blue Glitter Blast Spray Paint
- Gold/Champagne Color Accents – found in wedding scrapbook section
- Blue Butterflies – found in garden craft section of Michael’s
- Small Lollipop Stick or Cakepop Stick
How to Make a Cinderella Inspired Pumpkin
We used a plastic pumpkin so it would last through Fall and if my daughter wants to display it in her room as Disney decor she can. You can decorate a real pumpkin if you prefer. We poked a small hole in the top of the pumpkin for the wand. Spray paint your pumpkin and then let it sit to dry. We let ours dry over night before decorating.
Peel and stick your gold accents to your pumpkin. These scrapbook stickers worked well without much hassle. If they start to fall off, simply use hot glue and place a small dot on the pumpkin to hold down the jewels.
The butterfly came with a little metal pin attached to the back of it. I was able to poke the pin into the end of the lollipop stick to hold the butterfly in place. The pin was flexible so I could arrange the butterfly in either direction on the stick. If your wand topper does not have an easy way to attach it you can just dab a drop of hot glue to connect. I used a very small piece of curling ribbon to finish off the wand.
This Cinderella inspired pumpkin was very simple to make and even the kids can help you. I actually love it so much I’m thinking of putting it into my office!
Enter to win a digital copy of Disney’s Cinderella!
Celebrate Disney’s “Cinderella,” a modern classic that shines with beauty, imagination…and magic! Despite being mistreated by her stepmother (Cate Blanchett) and stepsisters, a spirited Ella (Lily James) resolves to take charge of her fate. Add a royal ball, a Fairy Godmother (Helena Bonham-Carter) and a glass slipper, and suddenly – magic becomes reality!
Cate Blanchett as Stepmother (“The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring”), Lily James as Cinderella (TV’s “Downton Abbey”), Richard Madden (TV’s “Game of Thrones”) as Prince, Stellan Skarsgård (Marvel’s: “The Avengers,” “Thor”) as Grand Duke, Holliday Grainger (“Jane Eyre”) as Anastasia, Derek Jacobi (“The King’s Speech,” “Underworld: Evolution”) as King, and Helena Bonham Carter as Fairy Godmother (“Alice in Wonderland,” “The King’s Speech”),
BONUS: Digital HD/SD*, Blu-ray Combo Pack & Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA)
- A Fairy Tale Comes to LifeFilmmakers and cast reflect on Cinderella’s enduring power, and the joys and challenges of bringing this iconic tale to life.
- Costume Test FunSee the work of Academy Award-winning® Costume Designer Sandy Powell (The Aviator, 2004) and share some lighthearted moments with the cast.
- Staging The Ball
- You’re invited behind the scenes for the making of the Palace Ball sequence, including its spectacular set, stunning costumes and more. It’s a lavish and massive undertaking…and a magical day on set.
- Ella’s Furry Friends
- Discover how the movie’s animal stars honed their memorable performances.
- Alternate Opening: Ella’s Childhood
- View moments from Ella’s idyllic childhood that do not appear in the movie. With an introduction by Director Kenneth Branagh.
- Frozen Fever It’s Anna’s birthday, and Elsa and Kristoff are determined to give her the best celebration ever – but when Elsa catches a cold, her powers may put more than just the party at risk.
*Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer
Follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter form below to enter the giveaway.
Which family member is the biggest Disney fan in your home?