Is there any other way to eat an apple besides dipping it in caramel first? Hosting a caramel apple bar is so much fun and yummy. Whether you are looking for a creative dessert idea with the family over a weekend or are hosting a party or fall get together, a caramel apple bar is sure to be a hit.
How to Host a Caramel Apple Bar
For the table decor I went with a green table cloth and red napkins to coordinate the apple theme. For an easy sign display I wrote Caramel Apple Bar on a small chalkboard it. The large apple center piece was a red lantern that I hot-glued tiny green pom-poms on to resemble a worm and cut out a green construction paper leaf for the top. Super easy and super cute!
When setting up the caramel apple bar we washed the apples and put them on sticks. This way everything was ready for each person to grab their apple and start dipping. Pushing the sticks into the top of the apples is easier for an adult to do so the kids don’t break them. This made the whole process run smoother and faster.
We put the toppings in various size jars. This made it easy to pour the toppings onto your plate or directly onto the caramel covered apple. If you decide to pour the toppings on the apple you must do it immediately after dipping because the caramel starts to cool and set quickly.
Caramel Apple Toppings
For toppings we provided crushed Oreo cookies, crushed graham crackers, pecan pieces, milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. There are so many caramel apple toppings you can choose from.
- mini M&Ms
- crushed Oreo cookies
- crushed graham crackers
- chocolate chips
- mini marhmallows
- chocolate syrup
- broken Butterfinger bar
- candy corn
Once we melted the caramel pieces we transferred the caramel to our small electric fondue bowl. This way we could keep the caramel warm while it sat on the table so everyone could access it. You can melt the caramel in the same fondue pot but it takes forever. The pot is made for melting chocolate and caramel takes much longer.
After dipping your apple in the caramel, select your favorite topping and roll. They were delicious and the kids have already asked to make them again! We look forward to our upcoming fall gatherings to host a caramel apple bar for our guests.
What is your favorite caramel apple topping?
For more fun Fall projects and recipes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Paleo Apple Butter Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Skillet Apple Pie Roll Recipe from A Mom’s Take
- DIY Wooden Apples Craft from Mom Does it All
- Caramel Apple French Toast Strata from My So Called Balanced Life
- Fall Chopped Salad from 2boys+1girl=OneCrazyMom
- Caramel Apple Shortbread Parfaits from Simply Southern Mom
- Homemade Apple Cider from This Mama Loves
- Skillet Apple Crisp from Better in Bulk
- DIY Apple Earrings from Cait’s Beauty
- Crazy Easy Salted Caramel Apple Dip Recipe from Pretty Opinionated
- Apple Stamp Craft from Mom on the Side
- Chocolate Dipped Spiced Caramel Apples from How Was Your Day?
- Homemade Crepes with Apple Butter from Our Family World
- Apple Monkey Bread Muffins from Upstate Ramblings
- DIY Glittered Sneakers from Style on Main
- Apples and Avocados from The Guavalicious Life
- Apple Pie Ice Cream from Home and Garden Cafe
- Morning Glory Muffins from Day by Day in Our World