Fall is not only for pumpkin lovers, it’s apple season too! These homemade apple muffins are sure to be a hit. They make delicious breakfast grab-and-go or a treat after dinner. Attending a pot-luck this holiday season? Bring these muffins that all will love. Also, the muffin mix makes an excellent gift in a mason jar.
How to Make Apple Muffin Mix
First gather ingredients to make the muffin mix. Whether you want to make the mix ahead of time to store or give as a gift, or if you want to make the muffins on the same day.
- 1 Cup Chopped Dried Apple
- 2 cups Self Rising Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
Combine all the dry ingredients and store in an airtight container. The ingredients fit perfectly into a quart size canning jar. Add some lace or a ribbon to make a gift. You will also need to attach a tag with instructions on how to bake the muffins.
Instructions to attach to jar
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- Jar of Mix
To make apple muffins combine the mix from jar with the additional ingredients until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 400-degrees 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
To make sure your muffins are done, pull out the toothpick test. Stick a toothpick inside the middle of the muffin and if it comes out without any batter then, ta-da, they are ready!
What is your favorite kind of muffin to eat? Do you have a favorite apple recipe to share?
For more Thanksgiving and fall recipes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Hot Spiced Cranberry Cider by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Coconut Cream Pie Recipe by A Mom’s Take
- Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole by Mom Does It All
- Pumpkin Lebkuchen Donuts by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Turkey Sweet Potato Chili by Home And Garden Cafe
- Peanut Butter Cup Cake by Simply Southern Mom
- Heaven’s Delight Pineapple Marshmallow Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe by Pretty Opinionated
- Thanksgiving Craft: “Give Thanks” Wooden Blocks by Better in Bulk
- Delicious Chocolate Genoise Recipe by OurFamilyWorld
- Easy Thanksgiving Centerpiece by Upstate Ramblings
- Family Gratitude Journal by Day by Day in Our World
- How to Make Pumpkin Gnocchi by Jennifer Sikora
- Fun Turkey Cupcake Idea by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Fall Harvest Pins DIY Fall Harvest Craft by Blessed Elements
- Hearty Chicken and Vegetable Soup by Sweet Lil You
- Soft Baked White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies by Savvy Saving Couple
- Mini Fall Leaf Decorated Cookies by How Was Your Day?