With just a bag of peppermint sticks from your local dollar store, you can craft your own peppermint star ornament that is perfect for your holiday tree. It takes a few steps to assemble your peppermint star, but once you make one you will be in the spirit to make more! Take a peek below at how to get started crafting your own. Plus these are easy enough for the kids to join in on the crafting fun!
- Peppermint stick candies (sold by the bag at Dollar Tree stores)
- Ribbon for hanging
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Clear coat spray (optional)
Directions: For easiest assembly, use the step by step photos to construct your peppermint star ornament.
1. Begin by applying glue to the tips of two peppermint sticks. Press the two together to create a V shape.
2. Next add glue to the ends of a third peppermint stick, pressing it to the bottom left corner and running it across to the top right.
3. Add another peppermint stick to the top right, having it run directly across the top of the star.
4. Your final stick will now run from the top left to the bottom right. Just add glue, press, and hold.
Once your peppermint star ornament is dry, you can add your ribbon for hanging. Simply cut, tie, and display!
If you wish, you can protect your candy with a spray of clear coat. Just look for a shiny or matte finish clear protecting spray at your local craft shop.