Despicable Me is a family favorite in our home. Do your children love Minions? If so, take a look below at how to craft your own Minion holiday ornament, perfect for displaying on your tree this year.
- Clear, round ornament
- Yellow craft paint
- White and black felt or craft paper
- Craft glue
1. Begin by removing the lid from your ornament, set aside.
2. Pour 10-12 drops of paint directly into the ornament. Replace the lid and gently shake and turn so the paint spreads. You want the entire inside to be covered. If there are bare spots, add a few more drops of paint at a time and repeat.
3. Cut out a ½ inch strip of black felt. Wrap it around the ornament and secure with glue.
4. Create one (or two) large white circles. Apply some glue and press them to the black felt strip. This will be the base of your eye.
5. Complete the eye by cutting out one (or two) smaller black circles. Add some glue and press it to the inside of the white circle.
6. Finish the Minion’s face by cutting out a small oval for the mouth. Add glue and press into place.
Now all you need to do is add a ribbon for hanging and you are ready to display. As you can see, this is a perfect holiday craft for kids to try, so gather your supplies and see what you can create.
What is your favorite character to hang on your Christmas tree?