With St. Patricks Day right around the corner, creating a green craft with the kids is a must. My son loves Hulk but this slime can very well represent those cute little leprechauns. They do sparkle with gold, so why not glitter? Below are very few and easy to follow instructions for making slime at home with your kids.
Fun Fact: Saint Patrick wasn’t Irish.
- 2 Tsp Borax
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Bottle of Elmer’s Glue
- 10 drops Green Food Coloring
Fun Fact: Legend says St. Patrick drove all the snakes from Ireland.
Grab a small mixing bowl and pour in 1 cup of water and 2 tsp of borax powder. Stir the ingredients together until well blended. Set your bowl aside.
In your medium sized bowl pour in your entire bottle of elmer’s white glue and pour in 1/2 cup of water. Stir until well blended. Once the contents are stirred together, add in 10 drops of green food coloring.
Mix the products together.
Pour in a lot of glitter and stir it together with your glue mixture.
Now pour in the contents of your small bowl right into the middle and wait for the products to become solid.
Use both your hands and start squishing the slime together to make it more solid. Form it into a ball away from the liquid and pour out the contents into the sink. The slime is now ready to play with. Once you’re done playing with the slime store in a mason jar or ziploc baggie to keep fresh.
Fun Fact: The original color associated with St. Patrick is blue, not green as commonly believed.
Which color slime will you make? Which superhero is your child’s favorite?
Fun Fact: The Shamrock is not the symbol of Ireland.
For more amazing St. Patrick’s Day ideas, check out some blog posts from a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Non Alcoholic Irish Coffee Creamer from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Irish Potatoes Candy Recipe from My So Called Balance Life
- Simple No Bake Chocolate Crossies in Green from Two Girls One Boy and a Crazy Mom
- DIY St. Patrick’s Day Mason Jar Planters from Home and Garden Cafe
- St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes with a healthier twist from Our Family World
- Simple Shamrock Picture (DIY Shamrock Crafts) from Simply Southern Mom
- Kiss Me I’m Irish DIY Burlap Bag from A Mom’s Take
- Mint Sugar Scrub from Better in Bulk
- Green Tea Shamrock Cookies from About a Mom
- Mason Jar Tealights from Upstate Ramblings
- White Hot Chocolate Recipe from This Mama Loves
- A simple Irish dinner from Day by Day in Our World
- Infinite Luck Bracelet from Style on Main
- Reuben Sandwich from How Was Your Day?