To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Disney’s Beauty and The Beast, this tale as old as time is joining the Walt Disney Signature Collection with new bonus features! I’m honored to be offering my readers a chance to win a new digital copy of this family favorite, plus I’m sharing my tutorial on how to create a Disney Beauty and The Beast planner spread.
Can you believe it has been 25 years since the release of Disney’s Beauty and The Beast? I admit, it makes me feel a little old. This classic fairytale features my oldest daughter’s favorite princess. Which is why she is so excited about the new movie coming out in March 2017.
Disney Beauty and The Beast Planner Spread
When I think of the film I see red, yellow and gold. To mark the release of the 25th Anniversary Edition – Signature Collection of Beauty and The Beast, I decided to decorate my planner with the coordinating theme.
- Red Glitter Cardstock
- Yellow Paper
- Gold Foil Heart Scrapbook Paper
- Yellow Thin Washi Tape
- Red Thin Washi Tape
- Red Glitter Washi Tape
- Heart Note Sticker
- Red and Yellow Label
- Red Paperclip
- Yellow Flat Fabric Flower
- Hot Glue Gun
- Double-sided Tape
I was able to find all of these supplies in my planner stash. However, most of these items can be found at your craft store or dollar bins. Nothing featured was expensive or hard to come by.
First I laid out my paper to get an idea where I wanted to place each piece. I love decorating the full week in my planner instead of looking at plain white boxes each day. Since the Blu-ray hit stores on Tuesday, September 20th I knew I wanted to decorate that day extra. However, I knew our family planned to watch the new digital copy and extra features over the weekend so that was another area I focused on first.
By making the release date stand out, I covered each white square with alternating cardstock. Since the entire day was covered it did not leave much room for writing notes or deadlines in my planner. I found the heart shaped mini notepad which fit perfectly on top of one square. This gave me some space to write down my appointments for that day. The yellow sticker that says Lovely was on a sheet of stickers that I found at Dollar Tree. I felt that resembles Belle.
I used yellow and red washi tape to cover the black lines in my planner. On Thursday I have a to-do list to work on with specific tasks. So I used one of my page flags that was red and yellow striped to add a title to that square. Now I can easily write To-Do on it. I used double-sided tape to hold it in place.
This little yellow flower was another item in my stash and I hot-glued it onto a red paperclip. This gives me a page marker. Now I can easily flip open to this week’s spread without thumbing through.
The digital download card came in this thick cardstick material. It was perfect for adding some real Beauty and The Beast decorations. After putting the digital code from the plastic card onto my Disney Movies Anywhere account, I glued the card to my weekend layout. I covered the full weekend with red glitter scrapbook paper.
I cut the outer card down to make my week divider. I love adding small squares to my week spreads to give more area for notes. On the back of the card I added some yellow paper to write on. After punching holes in it, it easily fits into my planner and can flip back and forth.
I am loving this Disney Beauty and The Beast Planner Spread. It just makes me happy and feels magical. My teen has already started creating her own.
Now for the giveaway!
The beloved animated classic has truly stood the test of time and now a whole new generation of viewers are invited to be our guest and fall in love with this enchanting tale, its captivating characters and unforgettable, award-winning music score and original song, “Beauty and the Beast.”
The Walt Disney Signature Collection edition features four versions of “Beauty and the Beast.” The Blu-ray release will include the original theatrical film; an extended version with the “Human Again” song sequence and a never-before-released on home entertainment sing-along version. The original work-in-progress version will be available digitally and on Disney Movies Anywhere.
There is also a host of all-new bonus extras including a rare opportunity to gather around the piano with some of Disney’s greatest composers, including Alan Menken (“Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin”), Stephen Schwartz (“The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” “Pocahontas”), Kristen Anderson-Lopez (“Frozen,” Disney’s upcoming “Gigantic”), Robert Lopez (“Frozen,” Disney’s upcoming “Gigantic”) and Lin-Manuel Miranda (Disney’s upcoming “Moana”) as they sing and share how they’ve personally been inspired by the film’s award-winning music; a look at how Walt Disney himself sought to adapt this famous fairytale; a nostalgic look back with Paige O’Hara, the voice of Belle; behind-the-scenes access into the recording booth with the cast; and a sneak peek at Disney’s upcoming live-action re-telling of “Beauty and the Beast,” arriving in theaters in 2017.
BLU-RAY, DIGITAL HD* & DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE:
- Original theatrical version
- New advancedsing-along version
- Extended version with “Human Again” song sequence
DIGITAL HD* & DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE:
- Work-in-progress version
BLU-RAY, DIGITAL HD* & DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE:
- Menken & Friends: 25 Years of Musical Inspiration– Get a front-row seat for an intimate discussion between legendary music composers from classic and future Disney films, including Alan Menken (“Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin”), Stephen Schwartz (“The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” “Pocahontas”), Kristen Anderson-Lopez (“Frozen,” Disney’s upcoming “Gigantic”), Robert Lopez (“Frozen,” Disney’s upcoming “Gigantic”) and Lin-Manuel Miranda (Disney’s upcoming “Moana”). Discover how the composers are personally connected, how they first experienced “Beauty and the Beast” and how they find inspiration for their own films. And watch as they pay tribute to the film’s award-winning music score and the man who has inspired them all—Alan Menken.
- #1074: Walt, Fairy Tales & Beauty and the Beast– Long before “Beauty and the Beast” became the instant classic we know and love, Walt Disney made two attempts—between the 1930s and 1950s—to adapt the famous fairy tale into an animated film. Discover what Walt and his team was dreaming up through Walt’s actual voice recordings, archived artwork, story notes, and learn why the project was sidelined for decades.
- Always Belle– The original voice of Belle, Paige O’Hara, reminisces about earning the role of the beautiful bookworm in “Beauty and the Beast” and recalls how the iconic character changed her life and continues to inspire fans both young and old.
- The Recording Sessions– Go in the recording booth with the cast of Beauty and the Beast and see what went into adding voices to the characters and the lines we know and love.
- 25 Fun Facts About Beauty and the Beast– Disney Channel’s Gus Kamp and Kayla Maisonet host this entertaining countdown featuring little-known fun facts, anecdotes and hidden Easter Eggs (references to Disney animated films and characters) from one of the most cherished animated films of all time.
- “Beauty and The Beast” Sneak Peek– An exciting first look into the live-action re-telling of “Beauty and the Beast,” which refashions the classic characters from the tale as old as time for a contemporary audience, staying true to the original music while updating the score with several new songs.
DIGITAL HD* & DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE:
- Classic Bonus Features– These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include over five hours of bonus material, such as an alternate version of “Be Our Guest” and the “Beauty and the Beast” music video performed by Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson, and deleted scenes.
* Bonus features may vary by retailer
A sneak peek into the live-action re-telling of “Beauty and the Beast”.
One lucky reader will win their own copy of Disney’s 25th Anniversary Edition of Beauty and The Beast digital copy. You will receive your own card in the mail similar to mine shown above. Entry is simple, follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter form below.
Who are you excited to share this film with?
Full Disclosure: My family received a complementary copy of Disney’s Beauty and The Beast Signature Edition in appreciation for hosting this giveaway. All opinions are 100% my own.