Looking for a simple Halloween craft to do with the kids? This easy thumbprint bat is simple to make and cute to sit on your desk this fall. Plus, it’s less than a couple of dollars to make!
Some of the supplies you need may be found in your home craft closet or home office.
- Black craft paint or stamp pad
- White card stock or craft paper
- Small picture frame (Michael’s – $1)
- Googly eyes
- Black marker or pen
1. Press your thumb into the craft paint or stamp pad. Press firmly for good coverage.
2. Press the thumb to the center of the card stock or craft paper. Press firmly. Allow to dry.
3. Once the stamp is dry you can add facial details. We created some vampire teeth out of white paper and glued it to the face. We also created some simple wings and triangle ears with our black pen.
4. Add a dab of glue to the googly eyes and press into place.
5. Cut the card stock to fit the frame. Insert and secure into place.
If you want to get fancy you can even paint the frame orange, black or green to go with your other Halloween decor. Let the kids get creative!
What is your favorite craft to make with the kids for Halloween?